If you are a girl, there is at least an 80% chance you own a Naked Palette, and there is a 100% chance you’ve heard about them. I personally own the Naked Smoky Palette, and I am OBSESSED. I’m actually now thinking about making smaller versions of these cookies and sending them to Urban Decay as fan mail… I might have a problem.
Things you will need to make these Naked Palette Cookies:
- rectangular sugar cookies
- brown royal icing
- pinky-beige royal icing
- pink royal icing
- gray royal icing
- black royal icing
- edible gold and silver paint
- food-grade paint brush
- piping tip #2
- piping bags
The steps to making this too-pretty-to-eat treat:
- Fill in each cookie to match the palette you’re making. One will be brown, one pinky-beige, one pink, and one gray with a little bit of black used to make a marbled/smoky look. Let dry for at least 8 hours.
- Using the pinky-beige icing and a #2 tip, pipe the letters “NAKED” onto the brown cookie and “NAKED 3” on the pink cookie. Let dry for at least 3 hours.
- Using the gray icing and a #2 tip, pip the letters “NAKED 2” on the pinky-beige cookie and “NAKED” with a little “SMOKY” on the marbled cookie. Let dry for at least 3 hours.
- Once the letters are dry, use your edible paint and food-grade paint brush to pain the gray letters with silver and pinky-beige letters with gold.
- Let dry and repeat!
Tips for the edible paint:
- I use spray gold and silver food coloring. I spray a little into a small bowl, and I use that as my paint.
- You can also use a food-grade alcohol (vodka) or almond extract mixed with edible luster dust.
- All of these items can be found at your local grocery store or craft store.